Sunday, January 31, 2010

THE CAKE!!!

Hello to all! This is Mark. I wanted to tell everyone about our cake making experience. This cake started about 3 days ago. Amy, Paige and I got in the kitchen and started making the three colors of fondant that the cake required. We wrapped it in plastic wrap and let it set. We also started baking the cakes then as well. Yesterday(Saturday) was assembly day...D-Day!! Victoria's party was at 5:00 and the cake needed to be delivered to her dad's house by 4:00. Our compadre, Suzie Q, came over to help as well as Amy's mom. We had a BLAST!! I made bloody marys and we went to work. Amy had already made the head and torso out of gum-paste. We frosted the cakes with the butter cream frosting Amy made and we started stacking cakes. Amy installed the fondant while Mamu and I made the balls. We couldn't have done it so quickly without Suzy and Mamu. I am so proud of my wife and her talent. She has the ability to get a vision in her head and then produce that vision into a true work of art! We had a great day. Lots of love and laughter. During the cake making process I also started a batch of Birdshot's Ballistic Chili!!! When all was said and done with the cake, we retired to the music room. Our Neighbors, John and Deniece came over and played and sang with us too! He is the maker of Hickory Dick's BBQ Sauce and brought me TWO jars. I ran out of my original the other day and mentioned it to him. It's nice to have such wonderful people in our lives. We are truly blessed!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment