Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"DANG LEE HARVEY!!!!"

This was a very proud moment for me. My son, Chance has been saving his money(and he always does) and had an opportunity to spend some of it. Amy's dad was trying to sell a 30-30 lever action deer rifle. NEVER been fired, comes with a sling and a box of ammo...FOR 300 BUX! I told Chance about it. He wanted to think about it(smart, I must admit). The next day he said he wanted it. I told Amy and she told her dad. He brought it up when he came to my b-day party. The look in Chance's eyes was priceless. Mine too!!! I was(and AM) so proud of my son. He bought his first deer rifle! Well, it means something to me. It goes back to my dad.
Saturday was my b-day party. Sunday morning we got our lazy butts out of bed to the smell of bacon and french toast(courtesy of my lovely wife, Amy Bug!). After that was finally over, Tyler, Wyatt, Chance and I went out by the lake to test fire his new weapon! He was shooting at a gallon milk jug filled with water from a distance of one hundred yards...with OPEN SIGHTS!!!! That's hard enough for a good shooter. Anyway, his first shot was a little too left by about 4". As you can see, his next shot was NOT!!!! 100 yrds, open sights(NO SCOPE)!! You will also have to excuse the language. We have a deal that when it's just the guys, we talk how we want. We just forgot we were on camera. We were just so excited. Tyler said, "Dang Lee Harvey, that was some good shootin'!!" I sound like a hillbilly...GGGGAAAWWW-LLLEEEEEE!!!!! Whatever, it was a very cool moment for me and I got lost in the moment. SIMF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment