Sunday, February 7, 2010

Maddie Powerlifting...

OMG! I had NO idea what this power lifting business was all about! Victoria and I got to go to Nocona yesterday and watch our first meet; all of the others until now have been too far for us to go see. It was very uncomfortable for me to watch this; first of all, the suits they wear are SO extremely tight, the circulation in their arms and legs is cut off tremendously, and Maddie was crying from the pain, as were several other kids there;there arms and legs were PURPLE; she says it's just part of it; I'm thinking I wanted to grab her and run away!!! She says it's supposed to be tight so their muscles don't POP OUT OF THEIR SKIN!!! SERIOUSLY??? Then they wrap their knees so tightly, they can't even walk; it just struck me as so FUNNY; not HA-HA funny, but so strange and weird. Maddie was crying before, during, and after each one of her lifts; but she performs so GREAT! It's just part of her anxiety, and how she deals with stress... but I noticed after a few minutes she gets very still, and stares off into the distance, and her breathing slows, and she becomes very calm. I kept telling her at the beginning, when she was crying and hyperventilating, to just disconnect herself from her body, told her that's what I did during childbirth. So she did say it helped, and she just pretended she didn't need to breathe. I just cannot believe how STRONG she is. She bench pressed 105 lbs., and squatted 225lbs. She placed 3rd in her class, and the whole Bowie team brought home the 1st place plaque!!! After her meet in Nocona, she had to go to Lake Dallas for the softball tournament. She missed the first two games, but when she and the other two girls showed up, they WON their last game, which made them win 1st in their tournament!!! Maddie made the varsity softball team, and she is back-up hind-catcher, and plays 3rd base the entire game!!! So, SO proud of her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment