Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another cake...






This is my 4th fondant cake to make. My friend Jessica is having a birthday tomorrow, so I baked her a cake and brought it to work today (we work together). She has a star tattoo on her forearm, and she wears alot of things with skull & crossbones, so that is where the idea came from. When she came around the corner, and saw her cake, she burst into tears; scared me to death... she was just so thrilled, it really made my day!!! The cake-making is getting easier now that I've learned through trial & error; the fondant is smoother, and thicker; and I'm learning how to make things ahead of time, and how to store them for later use. This cake was pineapple & strawberry marble, with almond-vanilla buttercream in between the layers and under the fondant as well; that's actaully what the fondant sticks to when you apply it. The skull is made from gum-paste, all the stars are marshmallow fondant. It was the best-tasting cake I've done yet!!

1 comment: