Monday, March 8, 2010

THE CAKE!!!




WHEW! This cake was NOT as easy-going as Victoria's, everything that could've gone wring, DID! It was raining while I was doing it, and I think that was a huge factor, the fondant was sticky, and I couldn't get it smooth, and I kept bumping into it, over and over. I stored the cake overnight in the oven, and when I pulled it out to finish decorating it, I smashed the top of it into the oven door; I was in tears... after about four hours into decorating it on Saturday morning, I just had to take a break because it wasn't cooperating at all. I'm attributing this to the fact that I didn't have my assistants with me on that day. Mark took Wyatt fishing, so he wasn't there to make my cocktails!! ~Wink~Wink~ Bloody Mary's make the cake decorating experience go so much smoother.. (Just a little inside tip) But, eventually he came home, made me a screwdriver, assisted in making balls (he's very good at that), and was just THERE for me, it went so much better!!! Maddie LOVED it, her little dinner-party went well yesterday. We had Angus burgers, potato-salad, and baked beans. A few friends and family came over, and everyone said the cake even tasted good TOO!!! YAY!!! So I have pics of the cake, but not of the party yet, those pics are still in Mamu's camera, should get them posted tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment