Saturday, January 22, 2011

TK Ranch 1/15/11
















We had the honor of playing and singing at the TK Ranch in Sunset, TX last Saturday. It is a non-profit organization for adult special-needs people. They live in the middle of the country; they have a dorm for the men, a dorm for the women, a recreation center, a gym, an indoor pool, and live-in house "parents". I have been wanting to do something there for many years, and just didn't know what it would be, until we started playing music!!! I have met several of the residents before...I have cut some of their hair, one works at McDonald's, and they used to go to the church where I went. So one day I called the director, and asked if we could come sing, and bring cupcakes, OF COURSE!!! She was thrilled. I cannot explain the joy I felt that day, and we can't wait to go back! They sang along to almost all of our songs, and we have some favorites of theirs to learn for our next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment