Monday, November 16, 2009

I've injured myself...ON PURPOSE!!!

Okay y'all, you know I've been playing a guitar for a little while, but I've been playing bar chords... which is alot easier than the regular way to play... so after Thursday's competition, I decided I wanted to learn to play like everyone else. So Saturday morning, I tuned my guitar to 4-40, instead of open-g, and my sweet, patient, loving, did I mention patient, husband started to teach me the basics. It was extremely frustrating at first, because you're trying to make your fingers, on your non-dominate hand, all move in completely diferent directions at the same time!!! But after about an hour, my fingers started cooperating, and I was getting it... I practiced off and on all weekend, and I have learned 8 chords already, and can make them sound pretty much how they are supposed to. My fingers have an very strange numb, tingly, painful feeling on all the tips, and they're swollen too. Mark says I'm learning very quickly, so I'm so excited... see, you can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am SSSSOOOOO very proud of you for wanting to learn something new. Also for your dedication. I just cant believe how quickly you pick things up and adapt to a strange new thing(well, you adapt to me). You are truly one of a kind and i'm glad you're mine! Keep up the good/hard work. Can't wait to show you some more! I love you.
    BIRDSHOT

    ReplyDelete