Sunday, April 11, 2010

My birthday...

Friday I turned 29 again!! I love being 29 so much that I'm doing it for the 10th time, isn't that cool?!?! Two years ago I worked on my birthday, and it was so depressing, I vowed to never do that again. So Friday I took the day off, and Paige was home as well; she was the first one to give me a present, and I didn't get one, but several sweet, thoughtful, beautiful presents. Paula Deen skillets I've been eyeing for a few months, a vanilla-bean candle, some cocoa mix, and a hand-painted frame she painted for me; along with an adorable card. After we had some coffee, we went to buy some flowers with some of my birthday money I got from my Dad, and my Gigee (Brad's Mom). There is a greenhouse about 8 miles out of town that I've been going to since I've lived here, and they have everything you can imagine. I got my favorites, Gerber daisies, pansies, begonias, some asparagus ferns, and some little filler, it's green and purple, not sure of the name of it, but they are sweet. Ended up spending $80, but it ended up filling all 20 of my outdoor pots, and we still had enough to put 14 pansies in one of the front flower beds. Paige was an awesome assistant!!! While I was cleaning up some of the mess, MAdi & Ryan showed up right after school with PRESENTS!!! Madi got me Brighton!!! A perfect little guitar key-chain, and a bracelet to match my necklace she got me on spring break, and I ADORE them!!! Mark is going to get me some more charms to add to the necklace for my birthday...when he gets a day off!!! But he did get me an awesome bottle of merlot. Then it was time to shower and get ready for dinner. Mark, Paige, Jessica, Todd & Misty were my dinner-dates; we went to one of my favorite places, P.F. Chang's for chinese food, and the BEST dirty vodka martinis around!!! We had an amazing evening...we ended up going to a little bar for dancing, but it was 18 & up, because Paige is only 20, and we didn't stay too long... Mark, Jessica & I felt OLD!!! So my birthday isn't quite over yet...Mark still has to get me my charms, and we still want to go dancing at a grown-up place. ~wink~wink~




1 comment:

  1. awww, Happy Birthday sweet cousin. Why don't we live closer? It's paralyzing to me.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete