Friday, April 17, 2009

MY CAN OF BICUITS!

Hello, this is Mark,
A few weeks ago, I made some homemade chicken and dumplings. I cheated and used canned biscuits for sake of time, or lack thereof! Anyway, I've opened countless cans throughout my life but I still jump every time it POPS. I know it's gonna happen, yet it surprises me every time. I never know where the "sweet spot" is on that particular can that causes it to burst. I always find myself laughing out loud(I know, doesn't take much to amuse me!)like a child(some say I still am).
With all of the music that we've been playin' since I was roped in by my lovely wife, she has mentioned on more than one occasion that she wanted to play an instrument. A few days after her b-day party, we got together and played and sang(she has the voice of 7 Angels singin' on Sunday!). I took my youngest sons' bass guitar to my mom and Rons'(we call him Cap'n Ron)house to put a new string on it. We were talking about Amy playing it and Cap'n suggested we come on out and he would teach her. There were two things that became apparent to me that day. One was an awesome teacher(Yoda)and that Amy was not only a very quick learner but a natural musician as well. She has music in her soul and I love her.
What 'n the heck, you may ask, does all of this have to do with danged ol' can o' biscuits??? Well, my friends, that's what she is to me...my very own can o' biscuits! It doesn't matter how long I've known her, loved her, been around her or seen the MANY awesome things that girl can accomplish, I'm always surprised by her POP!! Can't wait for the next one. I've posted a video somewhere on this page( I'm not as familiar with all of this like Amy and Andrea are)of Amy playing the bass that day. Keep in mind this was only after about 30-40 minutes of instruction from Cap'n Ron and I'm not even kiddin'!! The quality is not CMT worthy but I think you'll get the idea.

Love and Happiness,
Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment