Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The CAKE!!

Here are a few pictures of Jon's cake I took with my phone, I knew Andrea would take some PRO pics when she got it home, so I didn't get any at my house... each tier was three layers; coconut cream, with pineapple layer in between, and in between each layer was pineapple-buttercream filling. I have never used filling before, and I put WAY too much in the top tier, and the tier started to slide, I put several dowel rods in it, and covered it with the fondant, but in the morning, the whole cake looked like it was falling over!!! But it was sturdy, and looked kinda cute leaning over, like a topsy-turvy cake...so it was going to have to do... I'm no professional, and Andrea knew that going in (~wink~wink~)... The fondant was made from marshmallows, the old crow was made from rice crispie treats, covered in fondant with gum-paste feet and beak. The bicycle was made from gum-paste, and I couldn't get it to stay together, so that's where the idea to crash the bike and crow came from; my Mom's idea, actually!!! The only HORRIBLE part of making this cake ALL FROM SCRATCH, was we didn't get to taste it... :(
NOPE, we didn't, this was the first time I used Paula Dean's coconut cake recipe, and it smelled DIVINE!!! I'll just have to make another, just for US!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment