Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our Memorial Day...

It's been very, very busy in our household the last few weeks; softball season is here, and we've had as many as four games in one week. Mark worked ten 12-hour shifts straight, from 5pm, until 5am, so I've had to get used to being there alone at night. Then he was off for a day, and he slept, then he got called in for a morning shift, then off the next day, then called back in; so it was a VERY nice weekend to have him all to myself Friday through today!!! Thank goodness he was home Friday night, because I was making the biggest cake I've ever made and he was my assistant. We finally finished it around 10:30, and needed to un-wind, so we took our guitars out back, lit the tiki torches and sang and played. Then around midnight, we fired up the 4-wheelers and drove around in the dark; that was FUN, but I was going down fast, needed my bed, so in we went. The next morning we met my cousin Andrea in Decatur with THE CAKE, holding our breath with every little bump we hit!!! It was her husband's 40th birthday cake, and I was thrilled to get to make it. Andrea was too kind, and she PAID me for the cake (I just wanted to give it to her, she IS family!!!) so, we took the money and went to lunch and to buy new shoes!!! YAY ME!!! NEW SHOES!!! (Thank you Andrea!!) We were invited to our friends Kolby & Laura's for dinner and the UFC fight on Pay-Per-View (I LOVE UFC, by the way), they served brisket and all the fixins, which were all very very yummy!! We stayed the night there, played with their English Bulldogs, snuck out in the morning, and came home to pack for our lake trip. We were invited by my friend, Jessica, to go to Lake Arrowhead for the day. So we packed up our guitars and sunscreen and headed that way with our other friend, Todd. Got to swim with a snake, play a little guitar, but our fun was cut short by some un-planned monthly medical condition, that keeps getting WORSE & WORSE!!! So we went home so I could lie down...YUCK! Our friend Todd, invited his friend and her 2-yr-old, sweet, adorable, cute cute cute little boy over, and we played with him, Mark gave him a 4-wheeler ride, he gave me lots of hugs and kisses, and he didn't want to go home when it was his bedtime, and we didn't want him to leave!!!
Monday, the girls came home, and we took them to Amon Carter Lake here in Bowie; I was still a little gun-shy from the snake incident, so I stayed in knee-deep water, and just soaked up the sun... it was a nice weekend...an I am so happy summer is here!!! It's when I'm my happiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment