Thursday, June 3, 2010

Madi's 1st fondant cake...



While I was working yesterday, I was texting back and forth with Madi,; she was attempting to bake a cake for her friend, and it wasn't going so smoothly... the first two she made tore up when she tried to flip them onto the cooling racks; she greased the pans, but forgot to dust them with flour; so her second attempt at making chocolate cake (from scratch), same thing happened...she was so frustrated, she was about to throw the cakes away. I told her to just wait until I got home, and I would help her. So, when I got there, they weren't completely wrecked; I showed her how to make frosting, chocolate, and we 'glued' all the cake pieces together, and I frosted the two layers, and then we began rolling out the fondant. She dyed some of it red, stained her hands in the process, and I rolled out the white and covered the cakes. She cut out the white trim and helped with the letters, but HER cake, ended up taking ME until nine o'clock last night to finish!! By the way CCR stands for Cross Canadian Ragweed, the friend's favorite band. Oh the joys of parenthood... Madi's friend, Tori, came over to stay the night, and Sofie's friend, Allissa, came over too...and Mark felt sorry for Victoria being all alone, so he invited her to sleep with us...but I was the only one having to get up to come to work this morning, so I told him only one of them could sleep with me; we have a full-sized bed, not enough room for THREE!!! So poor Mark slept on the couch all alone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment