Monday, June 7, 2010

A song for Step-Daddy...



This a song that Victoria wrote for me, Mark. It really moved me in a way that is hard to describe. I wanted to share it with all of you. If you can see in the pic, there is a line about 1/3 down the page. The writing above the line was her brainstorming ideas for her song. The portion below the line is the actual song. I will write on here what is on the paper for easier reading.

Above the line(brainstorming):
HE GOT ME INTO SINGING
FUNNY
I LOVE HIM
Below the line(the actual song):
YOU'RE THE ONE THAT GOT ME INTO SINGING AND HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU AND YOU'RE THE FUNNIEST "SMILEY FACE"(think she meant man or guy or person) THAT I EVER KNEW AND YOU MAKE ME FEEL THAT I'M ALWAYS IN YOUR DREAMS AND YOU'RE ALWAYS IN MY HEART. THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU SO AND YOU'RE THE ONLY REASON WHY.

I just can't put into words how deeply this touched me. It is one of my most prized possessions! Thank you V.

p.s. Awhile back Sofie wrote a note to me and I will quote that now also:

I am so glad that God put you on this earth and that you're married to my mom. I love you so much. Love, Sofie Butler

Have you ever heard of such pure sweetness from two little angels like that before?

PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS
MARK

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled we have you, that our little girls are experiencing the kind of love you give us...I know exactly how they feel and why they are so in love with you; you make us feel so very special...THANK YOU!!! I am so in love with you- XOXOXOXOXOX
    Bug

    ReplyDelete